Advertisement

Odin worship in the modern age?

topic posted Mon, December 27, 2004 - 5:45 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I would be VERY interested in how others worship the old gods in out modern day.Anyone interested in talking about it.
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Odin worship in the modern age?

Mon, December 27, 2004 - 6:12 PM
    I tend to keep an altar in my home, study & meditate on the Gods, burn incense & candles in their honor, pray to them, etc. But my relationship with Odin is a little different than my relationship with other Gods/Goddesses, because I get the feeling that worship doesn't mean all that much to him. (And I am slightly intimidated by him off & on, hee hee). He is more like a teacher to me. I feel like he stands back watching & is pleased when I learn something or do something good, but he will also tell me in no uncertain terms what I need to hear when I need to hear it, whether I WANT to hear it or not. This incredible honesty is one of the things I love about him. So I guess one of the main ways I try to honor Odin is simply to always be trying to learn, to be honest with myself when it is hardest, and to face change rather than running from it.
    • Re: Odin worship in the modern age?

Fri, January 7, 2005 - 12:06 PM
      Look within yourself, and feel where he really connects with you. I have found that he loves going places and doing things, and has a particular fondness for computers. Back in olden times, I probably would have been one of the Ulfhednar, the "Wolf Warriors," that many other folk and tribes truly feared. They were a particular kind of Berserker, in that their totem was Wolf, and worked as pack. They called Him "WolfLord," and to this day I consider myself a member of His Great Pack (where do you think they got the "Wild Hunt" from?).
      • Unsu...

Re: Odin worship in the modern age?

Sat, January 8, 2005 - 4:47 PM
        What you said, Radu, about Odin loving to go places & do things reminded me of something. Someone I knew once asked something to the effect of "who would be the biker-god, if there was one?" I immediately pictured Odin in black leather jacket & chaps, astride a Harley, with his wolves & ravens on either side and a biker-gang of Valhalla warriors behind him. But that's just me, and I'm a fan of leather. ;-)
  • Re: Odin worship in the modern age?

Thu, December 29, 2005 - 6:13 PM
    I'm a spiritual advisor and I am always calling upon Odin for wisdom and insight inorder to help my customers.
    My main way of worshiping Odin (or any deity form) is by acknowledging their power and allowing myself to be a channel for their energy.

Recent topics in "Odin All-Father"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Looking for Odin Thomas 3 May 16, 2014
Lightning Across the Plains - Sept 20-23, 2012 Ludwig 1 May 1, 2012
Learning to Put Trust in My Savior - Odin Mike 0 February 21, 2012
Hail! D.L. Hawkins... 5 December 7, 2011